"More of your conversation would infect my brain." -William Shakespeare in Coriolanus Act II, scene i

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Define "ignorant".

[I am walking with "Friend". Two of our other friends are a bit in front of us. There is a group of 3 or 4 guys between the two sets of us. They throw a football at - and miss - the two friends in the front. This makes "Friend" mad.]
Friend: [various insults and fury] ...and why don't you just get a life?
Guy 1: [stupidly] I tried to buy one at Walmart but it was too high.
Friend: [to me, but loudly so guys can hear] That's what's great about ignorant people. They usually don't know when you're insulting them and when they do they can't come up with any kind of rebuttal.
Guy 2: [even more stupidly] Huh?!
- HS Parking Lot

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tweed or maggini,
I would like to say this blog is a guilty pleasure for I expect for one entry. I am every surprised that you have not used any of my random quotes. Continue listening in and following the people that make this blog great.

Anonymous said...

Based on the grammar, I would suggest that our dear J.P. is a lovely definition of 'ignorant'. "for I expect for one entry"... "I am every suprised"...

tee-hee.

<3 for J.P.

Anonymous said...

- ignoramus would fit the personality better...

Anonymous said...

Can tee-hee <3 take a joke?

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a joke, you just have bad grammar. therefore your comment is irrelevant.

Can /you/ take a joke?

And considering it was you and your walking companion i was taking up for, perhaps you should be nice.

Anonymous said...

HEY! please insert SEXY before walking companion!!!

Anonymous said...

ROFL Lovely. :P

maggini in tweed said...

I seriously hope that "bob dylan" is "robert langbert" and not "jp"

Anonymous said...

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
--Ambrose Bierce

maggini in tweed said...

Can we comment on another post, lovelies?!
Tuh. This is crazy. (yes I just 'tuh'ed you all.)
I'm guessing that last anonymous was Sarah...judging from that email I got from a certain "Robbie Burns"...;)
later, lovies.

Anonymous said...

No, "anonymous" isn't Sarah. We have a mystery on our hands... dun, dun, dun.