"More of your conversation would infect my brain." -William Shakespeare in Coriolanus Act II, scene i

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm so curious I can't contain myself.

The below wasn't actually overheard, but told to me by my mom. I believe it's worthy of recognition, though.
.
[A woman calls her local Natural Resource Conservation Service, the secretary answers.]
Secretary: Natural Resource Conservation Service
Woman: Yes, this [name], and I've canned my own garlic for 20 years.
Secretary: That's nice.
Woman: Yes, but this year I canned it and it turned green.
Secretary: Well, that's not really what we deal with here. We deal with natural resources. You need to call our local Family and Consumer Sciences Agent, [name].
[Secretary lists number, attempts to hang up.]
Woman: Yes, but aren't you curious about my garlic?
Secretary: Not really.
Woman: You're not curious one bit?
Secretary: Not exactly.
Woman: Are you sure?
Secretary: No, I'm so curious that I'll ask [name of FCS agent] all about it the next time I see her. Goodbye. [Hangs up.]

No comments: