"More of your conversation would infect my brain." -William Shakespeare in Coriolanus Act II, scene i

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My emergency lies in my...brain.

While driving to church on Sunday morning, we came upon a car in the ditch of the windy country road. We called 911 and though it had already been taken care of, it reminded me of all the other times I've ever called in an emergency. This is probably our oldest Eavesdrop, taking place when I was about seven.
-
[We are at a T-ball game and one of the kids has been hurt. It was before the days of the cell phone, so my dad and I ran to the nearest house to call 911. A high school girl came to the door.]
Girl: Yes?
Dad: Someone's been hurt...could you call 911?
Girl: Um, yeah. [Rushes to phone and then pauses] What's the number?
- A park in Indiana, my childhood home

No comments: