"More of your conversation would infect my brain." -William Shakespeare in Coriolanus Act II, scene i

Friday, January 05, 2007

A Reasonable Fear

[We are sitting at lunch. Two of the three Eavesdroppers contributors are present. The other members of the table are all loyal readers...A certain "Dan Cafe" is being very very quiet.]
Me: So...is it always this quiet at this table or is it because I've joined you?
Friend: No, [Dan Cafe] just doesn't want to say anything because he knows he'll say something stupid and it will be on Eavesdroppers by the end of the night.
Me: Good call, [Dan Cafe].
- Cafeteria
...
Just a note: As we gather more and more readers I would like to emphasize the disclaimer at the very bottom of our webpage. It basically says that we are directly quoting things we hear, for our entertainment and yours. We don't use names because we're protecting the...innocent, I guess...but if you ever want to claim credit for your idiocy [no, I didn't just make that word up], feel free. Problems with this can be directed to the site email, here.

11 comments:

maggini in tweed said...

I really should stop putting people on Eavesdroppers when they say they think they'll be on there. When we become an international sensation, I'll have to quit the violin to keep up...;)
as if.

Anonymous said...

Be kinder, my mighty cheeky bleached badger...
Idiocy is such a strong word. I fear convictions. Perhaps that's why I always say the exact opposite of what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is. So sorry.
Idiocy should only be used for those like our badger-bedecked friend...

Anonymous said...

WHO LOOKS INTO THE CAMERA!

Anonymous said...

Donald Trump...and the badger, too.

Anonymous said...

Riiiight...

Anyway, I'd like to take a moment to note that this must be said, and apparently Dan Cafe hasn't, so I will do the honors.

Mh.

maggini in tweed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
maggini in tweed said...

You didn't know that Donald Trump's hair is actually a bleached badger?
Just a thought. A musing for a rainy day.

Anonymous said...

.....mhmn

Anonymous said...

I'd like to buy a vowel.

maggini in tweed said...

Spin....and....bankrupt.