"More of your conversation would infect my brain." -William Shakespeare in Coriolanus Act II, scene i

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Know Your Similes

['Woman' is talking to me about one of the kids that I show lambs with.]
Woman: Boy, the chip doesn't fall far from the tree...
Me: What?
Woman: The chip doesn't fall far from the tree... He's just like his dad.
Me: I believe you're confusing "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" and "chip off the old block."
Woman: I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It's "the chip doesn't fall far from the tree."

5 comments:

maggini in tweed said...

Now you give your teachers chips, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow- that sounds like somthin' I'd do. You reckon folks?-Andy's Girl(he he he he)

maggini in tweed said...

yay...it's stacy!
We welcome you to our hallowed ranks...tuh.
see you tomorrow...kr

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, welcome to our, um... hallowed ranks.

maggini in tweed said...

But aren't they?