"More of your conversation would infect my brain." -William Shakespeare in Coriolanus Act II, scene i

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Words of Wisdom

[Our government class somehow got off on the subject of man-made v. natural diamonds. The teacher as well as many of the girls were saying how much they'd rather have and natural diamond than a man-made one in an engagement ring.]
Teacher: I see the diamond in the ring, being true, as a symbol of true love.
[Other people begin to chime in...]
Sandwich Friend: I still don't see that much difference between the two. I think my girlfriend would be just as happy with a man-made diamond. They're the same thing. They both mean, "Here, marry me." The ring means nothing.
Teacher: I don't agree with you. Most girls love diamonds, and a true diamond is a symbol.
Sandwich Friend: Well, you know what would be a symbol of true love to me? A peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, because I love peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches.

-Government

1 comment:

r. burns said...

Perhaps I should've saved this one for tomorrow... but how much cheesier can I be?